J. R. Gladstone, Michael Faraday (1872)
It is on record that when a young aspirant asked Faraday the secret of his success as a scientific investigator, he replied, "The secret is comprised in three words— Work, Finish, Publish".
1. W. Foster, U Azimov, P Gauthier-Maradei, LC. Molano, M. Combrinck, J. Munoz, JJ. Esteves, L. Patino. Waste-to-energy conversion technologies in the UK: processes and barriers – a review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, RSER_110226, 2020, Article in press.
2. C. Georgiou, U. Azimov. Analysis and Multi-Parametric Optimisation of the Performance and Exhaust Gas Emissions of a Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Operating on Miller Cycle. Energies, Vol.13, 2020, pp. 3724.
3. V Okoro, U Azimov, J Munoz, HH Hernandez, AN Phan. Microalgae cultivation and harvesting: Growth performance and use of flocculants - A review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 115, 2019, p.109364.
4. N.Stylianidis, U.Azimov, M.Birkett. Investigation of the effect of hydrogen and methane on combustion of multicomponent syngas mixtures using a constructed reduced chemical kinetics mechanism. Energies, Vol. 12, 2019, pp. 2442.
5. O.Adeniyi, U.Azimov, A.Burluka. Algae biofuels: Current status and future applications. Renewable and Sustainable Energy reviews, Vol.90, 2018, pp.316-335.
6. U. Azimov, J. Callaghan, I. Frozanpoor, C. Hulsmeier, C. Kwok, M. Nixon. A novel vortex-assisted generation system for hydrokinetic energy harvesting from slow water currents. International Journal of Energy and Environment, Vol. 9, 2018, pp. 317-352
7. U. Azimov, N. Stylianidis, E. Tomita, N. Kawahara. Characterisation of DME-HCCI combustion cycles for formaldehyde and hydroxyl UV–vis absorption. Fuel, Vol.210, 2017, pp. 578-591.
8. N. Stylianidis, U. Azimov*, E. Tomita, N.Kawahara. Chemical Kinetics and Computational Fluid-Dynamics Analysis of H2/CO/CO2/CH4 Syngas Combustion and NOx Formation in a Micro-Pilot-Ignited Supercharged Dual Fuel Engine. SAE Paper 2017-24-0027.
11. N. Stylianidis, U. Azimov*, A. Maheri, E. Tomita, N.Kawahara. Chemical kinetics and CFD analysis of supercharged micro-pilot ignited dual-fuel engine combustion of syngas. Fuel, Vol.203, 2017, pp. 591-606.
12. U. Azimov, M. Birkett. Feasibility study and design of an ocean wave power generation station integrated with a decommissioned offshore oil platform in UK waters. International Journal of Energy and Environment, Vol.8, 2017, pp. 161-174.
13. U. Azimov, N. Kawahara, E. Tomita. Quantum Cascade Laser Assisted Time-resolved Measurements of Carbon Dioxide Absorption During Combustion in DME-HCCI Engine. Fuel, Vol.182, 2016, pp. 807-815.
14. W.D. Omoware, A. Maheri, U. Azimov. Aerodynamic Analysis of Flapping-Pitching Flat Plates. 3rd International Symposium on Environment-Friendly Energies and Applications. 19-21 November 2014, Paris.
15. Zh. Ling, A. Burluka, U. Azimov. Knock Properties of Oxygenated Blends in Strongly Charged and Variable Compression Ratio Engines. SAE 2014 International Powertrain, Fuels & Lubricants Meeting, SAE 2014-01-2608, Birmingham, October 2014.
16. S.P. Yeong, U. Azimov, S.S. Dol. Application of Tidal/Wave Energy Generation Technologies to the Decommissioned Offshore Platforms. Science & Engineering Technology National Conference, June 2013, Malaysia.
17. M.A. Azhar, U. Azimov, C.I. Lim, S.S.Dol. Conceptual Study and Preliminary Design of Offshore Mariculture Farm on Decommissioned Oil and Gas Platform. Science & Engineering Technology National Conference, June 2013, Malaysia.
18. U.Azimov, E.Tomita, N.Kawahara, S.S.Dol. Combustion Characteristics of Syngas and Natural Gas in Micro-pilot Ignited Dual-fuel Engine. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 2012, Vol. 72, pp.1769-1776.
19. S.S.Dol, U.Azimov, R.J.Martinuzzi. Statistical Description in the Turbulent Near Wake of a Rotating Circular Cylinder. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 2012, Vol. 72, pp. 537-541.
20. U.Azimov, N.Kawahara, E.Tomita. UV-Visible Light Absorption by Hydroxyl and Formaldehyde and Knocking Combustion in DME-HCCI Engine. Fuel, Vol. 98, 2012, pp.164-175.
21. U.Azimov, E.Tomita, N.Kawahara. Ignition, Combustion and Exhaust Emission Characteristics of Micro-pilot Ignited Dual-fuel Engine Operated under PREMIER Combustion Mode. SAE International, Kyoto 2011, Japan, SAE Paper 2011-01-1764.
22. U.B.Azimov, K.S.Kim. Large-Eddy Simulation of Air Entrainment in Diesel Spray Combustion with Multidimensional CFD. International Journal of Automotive Technology, Vol.12, No.6, 2011, pp.795-812.
23. U.Azimov, M.Okuno, K.Tsuboi, N.Kawahara, E.Tomita. Multidimensional CFD Simulation of Syngas Combustion in a Micro-pilot-ignited Dual-fuel Engine Using Constructed Chemical Kinetics Mechanism. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 36, 2011, pp. 13793-13807.
24. U.Azimov, E.Tomita, N.Kawahara. Ignition, Combustion and Exhaust Emission Characteristics of Micro-pilot Ignited Dual-fuel Engine Operated under PREMIER Combustion Mode. SAE International, Kyoto 2011, SAE Paper 2011-01-1764.
25. U.Azimov, E.Tomita, N.Kawahara, Y.Harada. Effect of Syngas Composition on Combustion and Exhaust Emission Characteristics in a Pilot-ignited Dual-fuel Engine Operated in PREMIER Combustion Mode. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 36, 2011, pp. 11985-11996.
26. U.Azimov, E.Tomita, N.Kawahara, Y.Harada. PREMIER (Premixed Mixture Ignition in the End-gas Region) Combustion in a Natural Gas Dual-Fuel Engine: Operating Range and Exhaust Emissions. International Journal of Engine Research, Vol.12, 2011, pp.484- 497.
27. U.B.Azimov, K.S.Kim, D.S.Jeong, Y.G.Lee. Instantaneous 2-D Visualization of Spray Combustion and Flame Luminosity of GTL and GTL-Biodiesel Fuel Blend under Quiescent Ambient Conditions. International Journal of Automotive Technology, Vol.12, No.2, 2011, pp.159-171.
28. U.Azimov, N.Kawahara, E.Tomita and K.Tsuboi. Evaluation of the Flame Lift-off Length in Diesel Spray Combustion Based on Flame Extinction. Journal of Thermal Science and Technology, Vol.5, No.2, 2010, pp.238-251.
29. Ulugbek Azimov, Ki-Seong Kim, Choongsik Bae. Modelling of Flame Lift-off Length in Diesel Low-Temperature Combustion with Multi-Dimensional CFD Based on the Flame Surface Density and Extinction Concept. Combustion Theory and Modelling, Vol. 14, No.2, 2010, pp. 155-175.
30. U.B.Azimov, K.S.Kim, D.S.Jeong, Y.G.Lee. Evaluation of Low-Temperature Diesel Combustion Regimes with n-Heptane Fuel in a Constant Volume Chamber. International Journal of Automotive Technology, Vol. 10, No. 3, 2009, pp. 265-273.
31. U.B.Azimov, K.S.Kim. Visualization of Gas-to-Liquid (GTL) Fuel Liquid Length and Soot Formation in the Constant Volume Combustion Chamber. Journal of Thermal Science and Technology Vol. 3, No. 3, 2008, pp. 461-473.
32. U.B.Azimov, E.A.Roziboyev, K.S.Kim, D.S.Jeong, Y.G.Lee and J.E.Yun. Investigation of Soot Formation in Diesel-GTL Fuel Blends under Quiescent Conditions. International Journal of Automotive Technology Vol. 9, No. 5, 2008. pp. 523-534.
33. U.B.Azimov, K.S.Kim, Y.H.Lee. Visualization of Diesel and GTL Spray Combustion and Soot Formation in a Rapid Charging Combustion Vessel with Shadowgraph Method. Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, Vol. 32, No. 7, 2008, pp.1019- 1029.
34. U.B.Azimov, E.A.Roziboyev, K.S.Kim. Investigation of Soot Formation in Diesel-GTL Fuel Blends. Proceedings of Annual Conference of the Institute for Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems (ILASS), October 5, 2007, Yeosu, Korea, pp.131-139.
35. S.G.Kang, U.B.Azimov, K.S.Kim. NOx Reduction Study in Oscillating Combustion.
Proceedings of the 35th Korean Society of Combustion (KOSCO) Symposium, October 25-26, 2007, Andong, Korea, pp.162-170.
36. Y. Bae, Y.Kim, J.Park, C.Kim, E.Cho, J.Seo, U.B.Azimov, Y.Koo. The Development of High Precision Laser Finder Ranger. Journal of the Korean Institute of Maritime Information and Communication Sciences, Vol.10, No.12, 2006, pp.2296-2302.
37. U.B.Azimov, E.A.Roziboyev, K.S.Kim. Effect of Ambient Gas Temperature and Composition on Diesel Spray Combustion and Soot Formation. Proceedings of the Institute for Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems (ILASS), October 2006, Daejon, Korea.
38. M.J.Schuller, U.B.Azimov, T.R.Lalk. Effect of Sample Configuration on AMTEC Electrode/Electrolyte Characteristics Measurements in a Sodium Exposure Test Cell, Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 149, (11), 2002, pp.1432-1436.
1. U.Azimov, N.Kawahara, K.Tsuboi, E.Tomita. Book chapter: Advanced Combustion in Natural Gas-fuelled Engines, Book: “Natural Gas Engines for Transportation and Power Generation”, 2019, edited by K. Srinivasan et al. (eds.), Publisher: Springer, ISBN 978-981-13-3307-1.
2. U.Azimov, E.Tomita, N.Kawahara. Combustion and Exhaust Emission Characteristics of Diesel Micro-Pilot Ignited Dual-Fuel Engine in “Diesel Engine - Combustion, Emissions and Condition Monitoring”, 2013, edited by Saiful Bari. Publisher: InTech. ISBN 978-953-51-1120-7.